Skip to main content

Photo Dump for Week 1

As this is the Internet, just call me Griff. Im a student at Linn-Benton, majoring in journalism. Im taking a journalism class, which prompted me to create this blog. I may not have much experience in photojournalism but I'M READY TO GO

Super typical, but I have 3 big goals for this class, 1) To improve my photography skills and apply them in my endeavors with the Commuter. 2) Gain a better understanding of the First Amendment and how it affects news reporters. 3) Doing this has made me happy to go to class for once, I want to keep it that way.

Then for next week, I'm planning on doing multiple shoots on Saturday (Baseball and Athletic Playday) 
 #25 Damon Peters jumps for first base after an excellent bunt up the third baseline.
Shots gives pedestrians "The Look"
Cherry trees blossom as hints of sun show through at LBCC Campus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sand Volleyball

Noa Taipin sets up Kevin Snyder for a hit back across the net. Kevin Snyder comforts Noa Taipan after losing a tough point. Ethan Thomas begins his serve during a mini-tourament. My subject turned out to be several different people and the sport is obviously volleyball. I shot these far too late in the afternoon, and had to work to get them up to par. They were shot at the Linn-Benton volleyball courts I had to double up on the medium shots, for lack of a "true" overall shot. But they turned out far better than I originally thought.

WEEK 2 JOBS STUFFS

Reading Its What I Do  is starting to look like one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Im far more accustomed to reading books like Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings . But a recent timeline non-fiction book has gotten my attention for the first time ever. The amount of detail in the prelude shows a no-holds barred style of writing, with an attention to detail. The writing really makes it feel dangerous, and leaves readers with a cliffhanger that we don't get to resolve until later in the book. The pictures she took during the conflict in Libya are exceptional, showing the fear and uncertainty in many of the rebel fighters. Often these photos were taken just before a helicopter strafe or a bombing by government planes. Then when she is writing about her early life, she has the same style of writing. Only the truth is written. Jack P. waiting for a student to finish their question at Wednesday's Career Fair Emliy McTavish explains working at an insuran

Just How Mom Shoots Photos!

Gabby Mathis is a freshman student at LBCC, working towards a degree that would allow her to become a Phlebotomist.  She used to be a exceptional athlete in Track and Field at Henley High School, however she chose not to pursue that path into college. As a millennial (as many of us are) she and her relay team would take a photo before every meet, similar to this one here Gabby D. Mathis, 18